I have written about why I write, but today I saw that it is not about why, but the need to write. I have all kinds of reasons to satisfy why I write, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is that I NEED to write.
I need to write because:
- I am alive
- It is typically the only way that my voice gets heard
- A therapist is too expensive, but writing is free and in my world, I need all the therapy I can get
- The thoughts in my head deserve to live on paper. They are precious and as unique as me. I owe it to them to get them on the page
- Life is confusing and it doesn’t make sense until I write
- One day I will not be here, but my writing will
- No one else has my life so I must share it
- When I don’t, I can feel God’s hot breath on my neck and I feel guilty
- A child, somewhere, must know that I feel what they feel and that there is hope
- I am Mexican and others have to know that I am as human as them
Writing is life.
Leave a Reply